Legal Statements and Notices
Lewis and Kladder Legal Statements and Notices
COPYRIGHT & SERVICE MARK NOTICE
Copyright © 2016 Lewis and Kladder
Ownership of copyright & service mark
INSTUDIO is a service mark owned by Lewis and Kladder, a California Partnership. The copyright and service mark in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by Lewis and Kladder.
the art of design the business of living is a service mark owned and registered by Lewis and Kladder.
Lewis and Kladder grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
* view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
* copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
* print pages from this website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Lewis and Kladder does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without Lewis and Kladder’s prior written permission.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to email@example.com or Lewis and Kladder 1963 E. Tachevah Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92262
Enforcement of copyright and service mark
Lewis and Kladder takes the protection of its copyright and service mark very seriously.
If Lewis and Kladder discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above in contravention of the above prohibition, Lewis and Kladder may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials or its service mark. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of Lewis and Kladder copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Lewis and Kladder 1963 E. Tachevah Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92262.
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this by email to email@example.com or by post to Lewis and Kladder 1963 E. Tachevah Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92262.
Your privacy is important to Lewis and Kladder. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Lewis and Kladder collects, and the ways in which Lewis and Kladder uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
Lewis and Kladder may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
* information about your use of this website (including your name, address, phone number, email address and the purpose for which you use this website);
* information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including your name, address, phone number, and email address);
* information about transactions carried out over this website (including your name, address, phone number, and email address, credit card and banking information and other information necessary to process receipt of or payment for services);
* information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (including your name, address, phone number, and email address); and
* any other information that you send to Lewis and Kladder for purposes of Lewis and Kladder providing services to you.
Using personal information
Lewis and Kladder may use your personal information to:
* administer this website;
* personalize the website for you;
* enable your access to and use of the website services;
* publish information about you on the website;
* send to you products that you purchase;Lewis and Kladder discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Lewis and Kladder may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Lewis and Kladder will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Lewis and Kladder is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Lewis and Kladder
* by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
* by post to Lewis and Kladder 1963 E. Tachevah Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92262.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Lewis and Kladder makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Lewis and Kladder does not warrant that:
* this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
* the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
Lewis and Kladder will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
* to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
* for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
* for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Lewis and Kladder has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Lewis and Kladder liability in respect of any:
l death or personal injury caused by Lewis and Kladder negligence;
l fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Lewis and Kladder; or
l matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Lewis and Kladder to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Lewis and Kladder has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its owners, officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Lewis and Kladder, its owners, officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Lewis and Kladder its owners, officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Lewis and Kladder.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables web servers to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
Third party cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.